Asphalt shingles are the most common roofing material for residential homes.
Asphalt fiberglass shingles are made of a woven fiberglass base mat, covered with a waterproof asphalt coating, and topped with ceramic granules that shield the product from harmful UV rays.
Due to this Asphalt shingles are one of the most practical roofing materials. They are also very appealing and make a great looking roof for your home.
Types of Shingles
There are a couple of different types of shingles you can go with for your next shingle roof replacement. The different shingle types are:
- Three Tab (25 Year)
- Architectural (30 Year)
- Designer (40 Year)
- Triple Laminated (50 Year)
If you are interested in a shingle roof replacement for your home, contact KPost Roofing & Waterproofing today and get a free roof inspection!
- Shingle manufacturer’s warranty shingles from manufactured defects for 25yrs –lifetime. However, due to the excessive summertime heat and storms in Texas they last for 12-20 years.
- Small pea size hail typically does not affect shingle performance. Quarter size and larger can impact the shingle causing a damaged matting and leading to voided manufacturer warrantees and leaks.
- If you are unsure if your roof is damaged please contact us to perform a free All-Pro Property Inspection.
- Three-tab shingles are the lowest-priced.
- Architectural/Laminated shingles are typically around 30% more than three-tab.
- Designer and Triple Laminated shingles can be 50 – 100% more depending on product selection.